Friday, March 16, 2007

Horses

Now I welcome anyone to express contradictory opinions on this topic, but I am no doubt sure that there are many driver who will read this and agree.

I write to make public my thoughts about the amount of Horses currently seen on the roads in and around brightwalton. Since becoming the proud owner on a YN50 yamaha Moped just before christmas, I have on three seperate occasions come face to face with a horse (or horses) which at the sight and sound of my bike go crazy. One has reared up and nearly thrown of its rider completly, and the other looked as if it was going to come and hoof me off my bike!!

I'm curious to know why, especially if these horses have an obvious distaste for motor vehicles, why thier owners continue to ride them on the roads. With all the lush countryside, byways, footpaths and fields to ride on (which I am informed is much better for a horses "feet") why are they not there, instead of causing accidents on what are already dangerous country lanes? -- Quickblaine

No comments: